It’s trendy. It’s fun. It’s your best friend. This, my friends, is the fiddle-leaf fig. If you haven’t seen a fiddle-leaf fig plant lately, you’ve been sleeping under a rock. And that’s fine, sleep is important (#selfcare), but get out from under that rock for a second and hear us out about this fine fiddle-leaf fig.
Fiddle-leaf figs are the plant world’s Jennifer Lawrence. Great personality, great presence, and great hair, ahem leaves. Their defining features are their large glossy leaves and lovely statuesque form. If you decide to get one (which you should), just know that a fiddle-leaf can take some time to adapt to a new environment and may drop leaves when acclimating to your home. It’s kind of like that time J-Law fell at the Oscars while she was getting acclimated to her dress. But not to worry, with the proper care your fiddle-leaf will get it together again just like she did (#overcomingadversity)!
Fiddle-Leaf Fig Plant Care
To make sure your green J-Law is looking and feeling her best, follow these care tips:
- Place your fiddle-leaf in a place where it can get bright indirect light.
- Plant your fiddle-leaf in good draining soil and re-pot once a year to avoid root rot.
- Fertilize your plant throughout the spring growing season to maximize its potential for growth.
- Fiddle-leaf figs do well with a routine watering schedule, but that said, only water your plant only when the top inch of soil is dry to avoid the pitfalls of overwatering.
- Keep your A-list plant star sparkling clean by wiping the leaves with diluted soapy water. The last thing your J-Law needs is a pest infestation!
Fiddle-leaf figs are about as trendy as a plant can get, so if you’re planning on getting one or already have one, make sure to show that thing off! We think they look especially good when they flaunt their foliage in a woven basket like this gorgeous tote belly basket. After all, when you’re at the top of your game, there’s no point in shying away from the spotlight. Show us pictures of your fiddle-leaf figs on Instagram using #makegoodplantchoices!
UrbanPlantProject.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. *Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.